The Indians lost… again. Their record is now 54-54. The Tigers lead them by 4 games in the Central. Things are not going well right now.
On a related note, I hate Jacoby Ellsbury. Maybe it’s because the Indians passed on drafting him in favor of Trevor Crowe. Maybe it’s because he’s beaten the Indians two games in a row with hits in the bottom of the 9th. Or maybe it’s the fact that he plays for the Red Sox, aka the New Evil Empire. I like to think it’s a combination of all three. Just remember Red Sox fans, Grady Sizemore was once the shining star of our franchise. Ellsbury is a knee injury away from being done.
The Indians are at .500 for the first time since April when they beat, you guessed it, the Boston Red Sox. If the past two night’s haven’t been must win games, then tonight’s has to be. The Indians cannot afford to fall any further back of the Tigers in the Central. Thankfully, as I type this, the Rangers are leading the Tigers. So we have that much going for us (So help me God, if the Rangers blow another game to the Tigers I will lose it).
Really, at this point I don’t know what else to say about the Indians. I feel like I’m constantly trying to find new ways to re-write the same post day after day after day. They don’t hit, they don’t field, they pitch great, and then they find a way to lose. I feel like I’m beginning to go insane. So here’s what I’m going to do. Here are my quick thoughts on the Indians.
- Jason Kipnis has hit 4 home runs in 4 games. He needs to keep it up. He’s our only offense right now.
- Austin Kearns…see ball, hit ball.
- Michael Brantley hurt his wrist apparently? Is anyone else aware they’re in a pennant race here?
- Is it too late to trade for a bat?
- Manny Acta… You’ve been doing great all year, but as of late… I’m not so sure.
- Tom Hamilton calling out the Red Sox the past few nights for their holier than thou attitudes…awesome.
- The Bullpen Mafia… not so tough as of late. Get your act together, guys.
- The situational hitting as of late… absolutely terrible.
That’s all I really have for today. I guess all that’s really left to say is the Indians need to go out tonight and win themselves an effing ball game…simple as that.